— 我是如何解决将二手的HP打印机摆脱掉HP Instant ink 计划的
— 惠普打印机被锁住的解决方案方法 HP 6962 printer Feature Locked，没有HPsmart账号
— 如何去除惠普打印机的”特性被锁住”消息 Feature Locked
不了解HP Instant ink计划的小伙伴的可以去网上google下，就知道为啥不能用了。
（简单说就是：租-墨-盒！知道”租”是啥意思了吧？ instant ink 计划是HP的一个订阅计划，HP提供给你标有instant ink字样的墨盒，但这个墨盒是HP的，不是你的，你只有每月交月费才可以使用它，若不交月费，或是取消了instant ink计划，这些墨盒就不能继续使用了，你就需要把这些墨盒寄回给HP），除了墨盒外，打印机很多的特性也是不能使用了。 看个下面这张图片的笑话吧：
故事开始了：我买了一台二手的HP 6962打印机，还带了几个原装墨盒，买来后使用几天就不能使用了，才发现它是Instant ink计划里的，才在网上查清楚搞明白了了什么是Instant ink 计划，发现问题后，觉得解决问题很简单，我不用你的instant ink墨盒就可以了吧？我又买了兼容墨盒，把打印机的固件降级至1847A，降级完成后可以正常使用了，但是无法关闭打印机的固件更新功能，大概半小时过后，打印机自动更新到了最新固件，又是不能使用了（这个原因是非HP原装墨盒），为什么不能关闭打印机的硬件更新？看下图：
说是打印机已经被HP instant ink 注册了，已经被锁住了，网上查了一下解决办法，就是需要在HPsmart.com上进入打印机的注册账户，并在账户内删除这个打印机，没办法只能联系原卖家，他还很是帮忙，他查了一下他的账户，只有他自己在用的一个打印机，并没有我这个打印机，说明这个打印机是被HP内部锁住的，不是被客户锁住的，我猜测很可能是他买了一个HP推广instant ink计划时促销的一款捆绑计划的打印机。
本想放弃这个打印机了，就试着用USB线连接打印机，发现用USB线还是可用的， 但还有些不甘心，因为不能上wi-fi就不能共享，只能单机使用，最后在网上看到用电脑或手机，借助HP smart 的APP，去里面按下列步骤关闭更新：打印机设置-设置-高级设置-设置-安全性-管理员设置，在哪里找到底部的”打印机更新”，把打勾部分去掉勾V，并点击”应用”去保存设置。
再次忠告：HP Instant ink 墨盒白送你都不能要，因为那是没用的！
HP used printer
How to Disable HP Instant Ink Program
Feature Locked: This printer is enrolled in HP instant ink. To ensure continued, uninterrupted service, the ‘Printer Update’ settings are locked. For more information about the printer’s enrollment stats or to read …
Compatible cartridges, HP OfficeJet 6962 All-in-one Printer, HP 6900 6960 printer
How to remove the “Feature Locked” message from your HP printer
How to Bypass HP Instant Ink Cartridge
How to Bypass HP Instant Ink Like an Expert
HP printers need adequate ink to function seamlessly. The brand has rolled out the HP Instant Ink feature, which is a subscription program to get HP ink or cartridges. However, many find it a bit inconvenient to have this service. So, they ask how to bypass HP Instant Ink. You can bypass this program in various ways.
It is possible through the website, from your computer, printer, and the HP Instant Ink app. In this post, we will share with you in detail the complete process to bypass HP Instant Ink in various ways.
How to Bypass HP Instant Ink Cartridge Through Website
This is the primary way to bypass the Instant Ink subscription program. Follow these simple instructions.
• Head to the official website of the HP printer brand.
• Once there, sign into your account.
• Choose ‘My plan’ on the account window.
• You will see details of your HP device plans in the ‘My Plan’ tab.
• After that, tap HP Instant Ink Plan.’
• Go to the window’s lower-left portion.
• Here, tap the ‘Cancel enrolment’ option.
• Finally, confirm your subscription cancellation through the email you receive from HP.
Bypass HP Instant Ink from Your Printing Device
Using the printer is another way to perform the process of bypassing Instant Ink. Here’s how to implement it.
• Take out all printer cartridges.
• Now, insert an incompatible cartridge.
• After that, power off your HP printer.
• Now, take out the power cord from its outlet.
• After about 15 to 30 minutes, plug the cord into its outlet.
• Connect other devices if you disconnected them earlier.
• Now, insert the next cartridge.
• Keep inserting cartridges until all of them are installed.
How to Bypass HP Instant Ink Cartridge from the Instant Ink App
The official HP Instant Ink app also lets you cancel the subscription from your program. Use these steps to execute this process.
• Access the HP Instant Ink app.
• Now, on the application, hit the three lines symbol. It is present on the upper-left portion.
• After that, tap ‘Manage Printer.’
• Follow it up by clicking the ‘Cancel Subscription’ button.
• Now, abide by the pointers on your screen to cancel the subscription entirely.
Read Also:- HP Ink Cartridge Error
Bypass HP Instant Ink from Your System’s Control Panel
Did you try out the methods above but, for some reason, cannot cancel the subscription? Don’t worry, there’s another method for you. Follow this procedure to cancel the subscription from the control panel of your Windows system.
• Access the Windows menu.
• Here, input ‘Control Panel’ and click on the relevant search result.
• When you access the Control Panel, locate and click the ‘Devices and Printers’ tab.
• Now, select ‘Account Settings’ in the new window.
• After that, choose ‘Cancel My Instant Ink Subscription.’
• Input the email ID and password linked to your HP account.
• After inputting the relevant details, your subscription will be terminated.
Perform a Factory Reset of Your HP Printing Device
Performing a factory reset of your printer is the last option for those wanting to bypass the HP Instant Ink cartridge. Doing this reset is a straightforward process, as you will see through the instructions below.
• Navigate to the ‘Printer Utility Tools’ of your printer.
• After that, access the ‘Open’ menu.
• Here, choose the ‘Tools’ option.
• Now, select the ‘Restore printer to factory default settings’ option.
• That’s it; your HP printer has now been factory reset.
Read Also:- HP printer not printing
Can You Continue Using HP Instant Ink After Cancelling?
No, after canceling the HP Instant Ink subscription plan, you won’t receive these cartridges. Not only that, but it will also not be possible for you to access the app or website of HP Instant Ink.
The only thing that you can do is use any HP Instant Ink cartridges that you received earlier. This is the time before you canceled your subscription plan. Also, you can buy replacement ink cartridges from the HP store. This is because all ink cartridges that you purchase from HP can be used with your printer. It does not need you to subscribe to the Instant Ink plan from HP.
Do You Really Need HP Instant Ink?
HP Instant Ink isn’t something mandatory for every user. It only makes sense to subscribe to the plan if you have regular printer usage and you need vibrant color output.
However, if this isn’t the case, subscribing to HP Instant Ink will only drain your budget. To decide whether you really need Instant Ink, determine the frequency and the type of print output you need. It will help you make an informed decision.
How to Pause Your HP Instant Ink Subscription
HP offers a short-term pause, also called the vacation pause, and a long-term pause, which is called holds. With vacation pauses, you can pause the subscription for three months. If you have a holds subscription, you can pause your subscription for years.
In order to pause your HP Instant Ink subscription, sign in to your HP Instant Ink account. After that, choose to pause or hold your program subscription. On pausing the subscription, define how much time you will pause for. During this time, you won’t be charged for the ink.
You can follow any method described above and easily bypass the HP Instant Ink subscription program. This feature by HP is convenient for those who use their printer regularly. But if it is of no use to you, turn it off using any of the methods above.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I have an HP printer without the Instant Ink plan?
Ans:- Yes, you can easily use an HP printer without this subscription program. The Instant Ink from HP is a cost-effective option that prevents you from running out of ink. But you needn’t enroll in this program with an HP printer.
2. Can I downgrade my HP Instant Ink to a free plan?
Ans:- No, you cannot downgrade a paid HP Instant Ink subscription plan to a free one. You can cancel your subscription but cannot use a free plan.
3. Can I use non-HP ink on my printer?
Ans:- The official HP website does not favor the idea of using generic or refilled ink cartridges. The main reason is that if a non-HP ink product damages your printer, it won’t be covered by the warranty that HP provides.